Somehow we always end up with old bananas. I think it’s because my mom likes to buy bananas from Costco and sends half of them over to my house. Of course, this only happens after I just bought a bunch of bananas at the grocery store. Reminds of me that song – “Isn’t it Ironic”. Needless to say, I try new banana recipes. My family particularly likes the Fudgy Banana Muffins. The chocolate bar pieces melt in your mouth when you bite into the muffins. Hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe:
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; place two pieces in each muffin cup. Top with remaining batter. Chop remaining candy bar pieces; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Recipe Courtesy of Taste of Home