- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- In a small saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Set aside 1/2 cup mixture for sauce.
- Cut pork in half widthwise; cut each half into thin strips. Thread pork strips onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting occasionally with remaining mixture. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 skewers (1/2 cup sauce).
Recipe Courtesy of Taste of Home