As promised, one of my family’s favorites. Quick and easy use of those left over bananas that my mom always sends over to my house.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; place two pieces in each muffin cup. Top with remaining batter. Chop remaining candy bar pieces; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.