City of Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program
The City of Tacoma is offering a Down Payment Assistance program. Under this program, Tacoma will assist eligible first-time homebuyers with up to the FHA required down payment (currently 3.5%) to purchase a home in any of the eligible areas of Tacoma; see map.
NOTE: Buyer must contribute at least $1,000 toward the purchase price.
The Down Payment Assistance (DPA) funds can only be used for the purchase and owner-occupancy of a single family dwelling in an eligible area of Tacoma ~ see attached map. House must be purchased at or below the current appraised value; an appraisal within the past 60 days.
Maximum Qualifying Income
Maximum Loan Amount
|The maximum down payment assistance loan amount will be the current FHA required down payment; currently 3.5%. The Down Payment Assistance funds can only be used for down payment and closing costs. The borrower must pay at least $1,000 toward the purchase price.|
Ten business days are required to process a “Complete” DPA application from the time we have all the documentation. Incomplete applications will not be processed until all required documents are received.
1. Borrower must be a first-time homebuyer; not have owned a home in the past three years.
2. Borrower must have been approved by a lender for the primary mortgage prior to applying for DPA funds.
3. Borrower must meet all federal and local requirements.
4. House must pass the Housing Quality Standards (HUD 52580) by a certified inspector.
5. DPA loans will not be made in conjunction with an FHA 203k or any other purchase/rehab loan. Home must pass the HQS inspection prior to funds being committed. (#4 above)
6. The selling price must be no greater than a recent appraisal (within 60 days of closing).
7. The availability of funds is not guaranteed. The City of Tacoma and the Tacoma Community Redevelopment Authority (TCRA) reserve the right to terminate programs at any time when funds are no longer available. While every effort will be made to give adequate advance notice, it is difficult to predict exactly when available funds will be expended.
Let me know if you would like to see if you qualify for the City of Tacoma Down Payment Assistance Program.