I am not a meatloaf fan until I found this recipe. They say bacon makes everything better, which is probably why meatloaf recipe has so much more flavor than all the other meatloaf recipes I have tried.
1 Cup bread crumbs (about 2 slices bread)
1/3 cup whole milk
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 medium celery rib, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ lb bacon
1-1/2 lb ground beef
½ lb ground sausage
2 large eggs
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
• Pre-heat oven to 350 F
• Soak bread crumbs with milk. I like the bread to be saturated so that the meat sticks together better. Add more milk if necessary
• Sauté onion, garlic, celery, carrots in butter until tender. Remove from heat. Add Worcestershire sauce, vinegar to bread mixture. Salt & pepper to taste
• Cook chopped bacon until crispy. Then add to bread mixture.
• Add hamburger and sausage to bread mixture. Mix well.
• Pack mixture into bread loaf pan and cook for about 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 160 F.
• I like to add the ketchup and brown sugar frosting to the meatloaf. Spread the ketchup mixture on top of the meatloaf for the last 10-15 minutes of baking.